Monday 13 November 2017

Scale Model World 2017 - IPMS, Telford



Yesterday Sue and I visited Scale Model World, the IPMS model show at The International Centre, Telford. I came away with loads of reading matter, some paints, filler and tools, but as usual didn't spend that much.

Here are a few of the boat models that I photographed. The 'in action' lifeboat model (above) was very realistically modelled, exhibiting some of the best water effect modelling I have ever seen. It really did look like real water.



These small ship models (above) were all the more special as they were entirely scratch-built, see below. I would estimate them to be about 1:300th scale.






Another in action boat model - The sea and waves were made from Modge-Podge.



This galley (above) was featured in the competition area, so was this huge 1;35th scale Mulberry Harbour diorama. What was interesting about this display was that I overheard a veteran of WW2 discussing the actual harbour with the modeller.



Finally a 1:72nd scale Clyde Puffer.


Look out for more images over the next couple of days.

Tony

1 comment:

lrqan said...

Great photos. Thanks for sharing. I have a pal that'll love seeing these. He's ship nuts.