Sunday 19 July 2015

Hi. My name's Tony and I'm a model maker.....



I am well aware of the fact that we model makers sometimes keep our hobby under wraps, sometimes with very good reason. However my Wife met me earlier today with the words that we model makers just love.

A neighbour, knowing of my hobby had passed on to her this little gem (did I say little - no this huge monster of a construction kit!)

An Aerokits Model of a Vosper 46-ft RAF Crash Rescue Tender. The model was designed by L .J. Rowell and distributed by KeilKraft


From what I can see - it is complete, even down to metal detailing parts and tools.....


These image give some impression of the packaging and contents of this kit.


While this sheet shows the plans. Actually part of the plans.


There are times and this is definitely one of those where talking about your hobby in the open has it's benefits.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Tony

PS.
My departed Dad would have loved this as a modelling project.

Update;
The model is 46 inches long by 10 inches wide and built to a scale of 3/4" to 1', 0"

No comments: