Saturday 23 August 2014

The Commandery, Worcester



Sue and I have lived in Worcestershire for over thirty years and this week was my first visit to The Commandery Museum Sidbury, Worcester. Over the years I have visited the museum shop and even peaked over the fences, but this was my first ever visit to the museum proper. Full details of museum can be found here.





Once inside I was given a hand-held information terminal which allowed you to browse the museum in your own time, selection from different periods and ages of the history of the house/houses.


As you can see, a lot of the images are of the exposed timber framing, something that I find fascinating.











I also managed to take these photos for future modelling inspiration.




I thought the museum was very well laid out with lots to see and do, however I found the bare rooms could have been a better spectacle if they had been partially furnished.

During your visit you can explore both the interior and the gardens. I think my favourite part was listening to the re-enactment of the Battle of Worcester.

During our visit the museum was getting ready for this weekends Bank Holiday activities. There were many Civil War dressed soldiers all trying on their uniforms, helmets and breast plates. Unfortunately, I was not able to photograph them.

Tony

1 comment:

NW Crew said...

Beautiful. Thanks for posting this.