Saturday 1 February 2014

Parabellum, Birmingham away day

Yesterday, Sue and I had a short trip into Birmingham. I'm afraid the weather was very poor, with strong winds and heavy rain. After a short trip around the Jewellery Quarter I called into Parabellum, 54 Vyse Street, Hockley, Birmingham B18 6HR and had a short chat with Mark. I had intended having this visit prior to Christmas, but various things meant that this was the earliest occasion I was free to visit.

As usual, we proceeded to put the world to right and I was able to catch up on gaming news in and around the West Midlands as well as seeing some new plastic models. Unfortunately, knowing that Sue was waiting in the car and that the weather by now had turned even worse I was not able to spend as much time browsing the shelves as I had hoped.

I did make arrangement to meet up again at The West Midland Military Show 2014 which will be held at the usual venue - Aldersley Leisure Village, Aldersley Road, Wolverhampton on Sunday 9th March.

The journey home was brief, we didn't stop off anywhere, but proceeded to drive back to Droitwich Spa; home for a quick lunch and settling down in the warm. I'm not sure if this is just age catching up with me but this cold and damp weather has me not wanting to go out!

For anyone not familiar with Parabellum and living within driving distance of Birmingham, I can recommend this old fashioned (friendly, local) modelling shop as a great place to visit. It has some of the best stocked shelves in the West Midlands; crammed full of plastic kits and modelling tools as well as being a hub for loads of Midlands based model makers.

For full details go to this link, while for details of WMMS, click on this link.

Tony

No comments: