Tuesday 20 July 2010

The Rocketeer

It's been a while since I up-loaded any articles related to modelling figures for my Flash Gordon collection, this figure, The Rocketeer, is a much modified 40mm Graven Image casting which has sat on my desk for some considerable time. I decided this weekend that it was about time he was painted and finished. I re-based him on to a 40mm round base and built up the base with DAS modelling clay, the helmet fin was re-modelled as the original conversion had been damaged and I painted him as the Classic Rocketeer character.




The rocket pack was scratch built and the leather jacket re-modelled with Green Stuff. The original helmet had 'goggle-type' lenses, but I filed these off (at a very late stage), preferring the 'sun glasses' style instead.

I have no idea how he will be used in my Flash background, but at least he is now painted, although I think I could have done better with the gold helmet - I do like the stance.

Tony

5 comments:

BigLee said...

Very cool! He looks great.

Jay said...

I agree the stance is great--he's ready for action!

Eli Arndt said...

Why can't the rocketeer make a guest appearance on Mongo? Perhaps he is thrown through a rift in space and time and Flash must help him return home.

It is its own series of games!

-Eli

-Warren Zoell said...

Neat!

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

That's a great rocketeer! I love that movie and I have several figures with US Army weapons! The Thompson SMG with the drum magazine really looks good with that jacket and helmet.

Would you like to exchange links?

Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com