Sunday 23 May 2010

Recent Charity Shop Finds

These three comics/graphic novels were picked up in Worcester this weekend, just £1.00 each. The Jason and Perseus books are 48 page graphic novels with card covers and full of inspirational illustrations which should help if I ever get around to finishing my Ancient Greek or Typhon project. The Flash Gordon comic is a more traditional paper comic format and although following Flash, Dale and Dr. Zarkov is a far cry from the Buster Crabb or Raymond comic strips. I'm not sure I like it!



All three were picked up from The Shaw Charity Bookshop in the Reindeer Court, Worcester. In addition to these there were literally hundreds of others including 2000AD comics all being sold for 60p, £1.00 or £1.20 each.

Tony

2 comments:

WQRobb said...

I was in a used-item store a while back and saw a metal Flash Gordon TV tray and thought of you. Wish I had picked it up now.

Tony said...

Thank you for the thought.

Our plan is to visit Birmingham City Centre tomorrow, if all is well. I am sure that I'll come back with something!

Tony