Saturday 6 March 2010

A visit to Tewkesbury, Glos.

Earlier today I visited the small town of Tewkesbury in Gloucestershire. I had remembered to take the camera and took over 70 images of different timber-framed buildings. This recently renovated street front house has been build in traditional style and appealed to me. I have taken many more photos, but felt that the owners had successfully and sympathetically built a period house that fitted-in so well with the history of this old town.

The building is on the main street and opposite the John Moore Countryside Museum, Church Street. The sequence of photos move from the left, around the front , side and back of this beautiful house. I hope that you enjoy these photos.







July 10th and 11th, 2010 The Tewkesbury Medieval Festival will see the largest, free medieval festival in Europe, where thousands of re-enactors will travel from all around the country to re-create The 1471 Battle of Tewkesbury, for more details see;

Tony

2 comments:

Rob Alderman said...

Cool.

A lot of the architecture you show reminds me of Stratford, or some of the buildings near the castle here in Kenilworth.

Hope the trip was enjoyable.
Rob

The Barking Editor said...

Hello Tony,

Excellent images, a real treat for the eye. I really enjoyed this post. Well done.

Gavin.