Friday 5 September 2008

First weekend of September

There are no photos this week, but that does not mean that I have been relaxing - NO it's more to do with the weather being too wet and gloomy to take any!

The main project all this week has been a Flintloque or Spanish style windmill. The full article and photos will eventually appear here, but for now the project is being rushed-through for the next edition of the Flintloque/Slaughterloo Fanzine 60 Bloody Rounds. The construction is complete and if I have time this weekend I will start the painting.

The second project is a group of Hydra Miniatures Legionnaire Robots, which I am hoping to convert and paint (new heads and small details) to resemble the Ming Robots in the animated Flash Gordon series. The miniatures stand about 40mm tall and are perfect for my 40mm Flash Gordon collection. All five miniatures, well the bodies (no heads or arms yet) have been mounted onto 40mm round bases and the groundwork built up with small pieces of cork and DAS.

The Large Farm House has taken a 'back seat' for now, but this is just while I work on the windmill model and magazine deadline.

Tony

No comments: